Asian Man Records, Skankin' Pickle, chinkees, bruce lee band...
Episode 64: Mike Park owner of Asian Man Records and performer in such bands as Skankin Pickle, The Chinkees, Bruce Lee Band, and Ogikubo Station with Jughead touch on such subjects as Ian MacKaye and the DIY aesthetic, the recent and historical violence against Asians and people of color in America, His days with Skankin Pickle, Fun Fun Punk Records for Children, and much much more.
1. Skankin' Pickle: I Missed the Bus.
2. The Chinkees: Controlling Animals.
3. Ogikubo Station: Take A Piece Of All That is Good.
4. Seven Seconds: Colourblind.
5. Kitty Kat Fan Club: Work Space
6. Who is Vincent Chin?
7. Who Killed Vincent Chin
In Episode 63 Maura Weaver (Mixtapes - Ogikubo Station - Direct Hit) is in conversation with Jughead about Her Okinawan Roots, The Power Chord Academy, Mixtapes, Voice Therapy, Ogikubo Station, and Comedy.
1. Hope Is For People - Mixtapes
2. We Can Pretend Like - Ogikubo Station
3. Bad Parts - Mixtapes
4. Masked Intruder and Maura Weaver
5. Direct Hit & Mixtapes
6. The Homeless Gopel Choir
7. Cat Stevens - Harold & Maude
8. Simon & Garfunkel - The Graduate
9. John Jughead - Madcap Puppets
10. The Distillers
11. The Mr. Show: The Audition - written by Dino.
Episode 62: Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup talks to Jughead about The history of Bowling for Soup, Phinneas & Ferb, Writing about nostalgia and pop culture, Jaret's Screeching Weasel questions, what is the ego unprotected from, and much much more.
Episode 61 featuring singer Liz Eldredge from the band Even In Blackouts. This is Liz’s first solo interview in her 19 year career with EIB, so it is something special. In this interview we talk about The Southside of Chicago and it’s Children’s Choir, visiting the Vatican, life on the road, the nurturing of a strange punk acoustic style, the benefits of earplugs on singing stoned, Spanish Television, a ten year hiatus and her writing relationship with the members of her band. I wiil admit this particular podcast is even more personal than usual, Liz is my ling time friend and my front woman for my band, and that private relationship of course commingling with my interview style in this podcast. I hope you enjoy it.
1. Even In Blackouts (Only officially released video)
2. Live acoustic version of Every Night
3. Liz' commercial where she sang as a child.
4. Little Trip To Heaven, Tom Waits' cover on Chicago Radio
5. Operation Ivy - Knowledge
6. Even In Blackouts - Knowledge
7. Manges' video footage from the tour with Jughead and Even In Blackouts.
Episode 60: Kelly & Luis from The Dollyrots talk to Jughead about their band, their trip from Florida to California, Vocal Coaching, Balancing Mainstream and Independent music, Panic Button Records, Crowd Sourcing, Producer John Fields and More... plus MORE!
1. Dollyrots' Hewlett Packard commercial. 2. The Dollyrots: Everything.
3. The Dollyrots: Because I'm Awesome.
4. Stage It with The Dollyrots: Daydream Explosion in it's entirety (live acoustic)
5. Ad for Kelly's Vocal coach, Ron Anderson.
6. Even In Blackouts covering Screeching Weasel's Every Night.
7. The Donnas (One of the few bands Kelly and Luis got to see in their early days of punk)
In Episode 59 Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy, Common Rider, Classics Of Love, Musician, Artist, Novelist) engages in a mostly nonmusical conversation with Jughead about their lives and the world in general. Touching on Night Terrors, The War Of Art, Japan, the nature of creativity, the relationship between Jughead and Ben Weasel, Astrology, Monty Python and Friendship.
In this episode with Mugwump’s frontmann Chris Mug we talk about German 80s hardcore, Radio Theory of the mid 20th century, the definition of Mugwumps, Integrity in punk rock and its global reach, plus we end with a discussion about the stellar 2018 release Clown War Four on Monster ZeroRecords.
1. Love is out - Mugwumps
2. The Reekys, friends of Mugwumps and a great band.
3, 4, & 5. Bands singing in German recommended by Chris: Slime, Razzia, and Wizo
6. Zero Boys 7 inch on Panic Button (my label with Ben) that I sold to Chris.
6. Hip Hop album and movie: Ghost Dog
7. Samuel Becket Play written originally in French and translated into english by Becket himself.
Matt and Mike of The DeeCracks talk to Jughead about their new record, Serious Issues. Plus other conversations such as the road atlas vs GPS, Touring China, singing in English, long time friendships/business relationships, and getting kicked out of America.