Episode 60: Kelly & Luis from The Dollyrots talk to Jughead about their band, their trip from Florida to California, Vocal Coaching, Balancing Mainstream and Independent music, Panic Button Records, Crowd Sourcing, Producer John Fields and More... plus MORE!
John Fields Wiki Bio
Wicked Cool Records (Dollyrots' recent label)
Panic Button Records
Ringling Museum in Florida
Pink Lincoln (Florida band) Records
1. Dollyrots' Hewlett Packard commercial.
2. The Dollyrots: Everything.
3. The Dollyrots: Because I'm Awesome.
4. Stage It with The Dollyrots: Daydream Explosion in it's entirety (live acoustic)
5. Ad for Kelly's Vocal coach, Ron Anderson.
6. Even In Blackouts covering Screeching Weasel's Every Night.
7. The Donnas (One of the few bands Kelly and Luis got to see in their early days of punk)
In Episode 59 Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy, Common Rider, Classics Of Love, Musician, Artist, Novelist) engages in a mostly nonmusical conversation with Jughead about their lives and the world in general. Touching on Night Terrors, The War Of Art, Japan, the nature of creativity, the relationship between Jughead and Ben Weasel, Astrology, Monty Python and Friendship.
Whispering Bodies (Jesse's Novel)
Martian_Kloth (Jesse's clothing)
Jesse Michaels' art on Instagram
In this episode with Mugwump’s frontmann Chris Mug we talk about German 80s hardcore, Radio Theory of the mid 20th century, the definition of Mugwumps, Integrity in punk rock and its global reach, plus we end with a discussion about the stellar 2018 release Clown War Four on Monster Zero Records.
Mugwump's music on Monster Zero
Mugwumps' Digital Downloads
Bertolt Brecht (Can't find the specific essay, I will continue looking.)
Chris mentioned playing with Sugus from Spain
Home Town Zillertal
It's Alive Records
1. Love is out - Mugwumps
2. The Reekys, friends of Mugwumps and a great band.
3, 4, & 5. Bands singing in German recommended by Chris: Slime, Razzia, and Wizo
6. Zero Boys 7 inch on Panic Button (my label with Ben) that I sold to Chris.
6. Hip Hop album and movie: Ghost Dog
7. Samuel Becket Play written originally in French and translated into english by Becket himself.
Today Jughead (and Sara) speak to Manges' frontman, singer/songwriter/guitarist Andrea. The Manges formed in 1993 and are still playing 27 years later. In this episode I split interview credits with Sara Ramone (Ramona Confidential) pop punk superfan and journalist for her one woman effort called 1,2,3,4. Today we talk to Andrea about topics such as home town La Spezia, their hometown venue Skaletta Rock Club, Striped Music, the Manges creative and business dynamics, publishing rights and the Italian system for such things, touring, and their latest record Punk Rock Addio.
Punk Rock Raduno Recordings
Ramones An American Band Book
Matt and Mike of The DeeCracks talk to Jughead about their new record, Serious Issues. Plus other conversations such as the road atlas vs GPS, Touring China, singing in English, long time friendships/business relationships, and getting kicked out of America.
Trauma Centrum Süd (Mike's Hockey Band)
Where the Hell is Klagenfurt, Austria?
The Cretins (First DeeCrack's band name)
Serious Issues on Pirates Press Records